PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2013, 00:53
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Narrow Runway - just to clarify, nothing in my reply accepts that easyJet tried or is going to try and reduce Captains' terms and conditions. It is totally self-evident that any employer only wants to pay what it can get away with. The key thing is what protections are in place - we have a lot and an undoubted willingness to fight any changes of the sort you believe will happen. A discussion of this kind is like saying, 'The reason an atom bomb did not drop at 2.00pm this afternoon was that two fairies appeared at the bottom of my garden'. It is not really provable one way or the other, and the statement therefore has to be evaluated on the balance of probabilities or past experience. All I can say is that at this stage, easyJet management are openly saying they will not attack UK Captains' salaries. We can debate this until the cows come home - that is what is being said and I see no change in sight. As an aside, I have personally heard it said among the highest easyJet managers that 'UK salaries are about right'. You can obviously choose to believe what you want about that, but at this stage all I can say is that I stand by my view that for the foreseeable future UK Captains' salaries are safe.