PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 7th Oct 2013, 12:05
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its not BS. Between me and my mates who are all line trainers that's about the number we have put through this year. I can count on one hand the number of weeks I haven't been line training.

Not all of them are UK pilots and I am not based in the UK so had discounted my new ones apart from the Brits.

Eastern have been loosing crew all year alot of very experienced pilots including TRE's and the FOD have moved on. Its monthly that 2-3 of them post on FB that the escape tunnel has been completed and I suspect there is more that I don't see. And Loganair are starting to use the S2000's so that will be a load gone from that fleet.

There will be just as many poor choices made by people listening to the go integrated mantra.

There is another issue which is very prevalent and maybe you don't see as much as we do.

That alot of the fallout from both sets of training should never have started training in the first place due to being completely unsuited to being a professional pilot. These types the go modular recommendation is more of a damage limitation exercise than anything else.