PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2013, 16:45
Mr-P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@HundredPercentPlease

Firstly a fact check:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-P
I can tell all that you that from what I have been told you are most definitely not guaranteed a position as I know 2 guys that have been let go in the last 2 years, both during the winter stand down and one only after 250ish hours with eJ. Before you argue they weren't up to the job this is not the case either, I understand one dared to question management that after spending ~£25k on a type rating they needed some hours to feed their family, the answer was.... Good bye! The other was taken by another reputable airline and now seems to be very happy.
Not true. You may be relaying what you were told by these chaps, but the only people we have "let go" have been for dreadful attitude problems or ability issues (after extensive re-training). You do 12 months contractor work, then you get an interview. If you are one of the very few who fail, then you get a second crack after 6 months. If you fail again, then you are off.

However,

If the offer is not good enough for you, then politely decline it and carry on. Nothing lost, and you are doing a good thing for your own market. No need to rant on here!
Just an observation, on the flip side unless you was personally involved with the letting go of the two individuals then your comment is only "relaying what you were told". To add to that what constitutes dreadful attitude problems? Perhaps a person who is upset they have spent a lot of money to then be told that they should only expect a few hours a month over the winter? Could this not simply be someone that is in dire straights as opposed to bad attitude? I don't know as I wasn't there, was you?

Just for the record I'm not in the eJ race to the bottom anyway. As for my "rant" I'm merely interested in pointing out glaring fact omissions and numbers that tend not to add up from persons I assume are inside eJ that tell all how wonderful it is. Just trying to keep the discussion balanced.