PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abu Dhabi, new management, any news?
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2013, 11:00
TinPusher02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oops! My bad....I should state that although GAL ATS has an extraordinary talented group of expats at their corporate headquarters they are micro-managed by their ATS Program Manager who has lost control. This dedicated group of ATC experts have the knowledge, experience, and drive to turn this broken system around and make the UAE the safest and most efficient ATC systems around. Each of the managers have the highest degree of intellect and ability to design, lead and display phenomenal safety, compliance and standards programs which would make other ATS providers envious. Yet the local "cultural" attitude and accelerated emiratization program create the potential for disaster within the skies of the UAE FIR. Don't get me wrong - there are some exceptional UAE local controllers who "get it" and apply the atc safety culture with pride, but the majority are there just for the paycheck and minimal effort/attendance. We are all here for the paycheck of course but it comes with responsibility, accountability and developed and earned professionalism. The GAL ATS program is led by a natural leader, an aviation professional who over the past 4 years has been driven to excellence and has cultivated a fantastic team of expat managers whose only goal is to improve and repair this broken system. They have all the tools and talent to perform, but the local circus clowns keep dropping their balls and the show gets nowhere.