PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 12th Sep 2013, 00:51
SASless

Received 504 Likes on 210 Posts
Are these training sessions or "checking sessions" where OPCs/LPCs have to be completed?

The Sim sessions that I had were a mixture and because we used company TREs always had some training value tacked onto the end of the "checking session". Does this happen with 3rd party trainers?
My that Operator sure throws Money around don't they?

By Session I have to assume an hour and a half as the handling pilot and then the same amount of time as the non-handling pilot for a total of three hours per session.

Please explain to me why a TRE/IRE would do training AFTER the Check Ride?

Would not training be far more beneficial if it were done as part of a regular syllabus and be combined with Classroom and System trainers....then carry on in the Sim and apply what was learned or refreshed during the other training?

Guys.....just reading the Questions tells me there is a huge problem in what is going on.

Sort of a blunt answer but my Butt is hurting from 900 miles of Harley riding and perhaps i am a bit grouchy tonight.....really....two whole Sim sessions in a Year....and probably focused upon doing some required Checks and damn little in the way of useful training.