PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2013, 10:03
McBruce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have unfortunately had several days in RYR that have been cancelled and I've not been paid a penny. For example the snow in the UK a few years ago. We would goto airport in the morning. Do preflights. Board passengers. Deice aircraft (worst one took 2 hours! due to conditions being outside deice fluids operating window).... I have spent many days at the airport for flights to be cancelled and not get paid a penny and those days have went up and beyond 12 hours. My most extreme delay not counting overnights a 15 hour day with discretion and got paid for 4 hours. Scheduled day was 2 x 2 hour sectors. Those additional 11 hours aren't a walk in the park.

If you ask me they should have additional pay in the contracts for unexpected events so you don't have an example of the majority of crew working for free.... But then again this is RYR. It's common practise in the summer to have ATC slots so its not unusual to do 1-4 hour delays going to popular summer destinations.

Following on from one of the posts above I would also ask MOL a few performance based questions. How is EZY, a unionised airline that pays its staff well, has a lot less aircraft than RYR, manage to financially outshine RYR. RYR may have made slightly more but with a fleet that's more than 50% larger...shows the lack of potential performance.

Last edited by McBruce; 3rd Sep 2013 at 10:12.