PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 2nd Sep 2013, 13:40
Narrow Runway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airb

"Hi folks,
can anyone tell me info about the medical in QR? I mean, Is allowed a slight color blindness? I know China is a country that doesn't allow any kind of color blind but not sure about QR. Apreciate if one can shed me some light about the medical sight test"

I wouldn't expect to get a job with them if you have even a slight headache.

I, in the past, had a rare but treatable form of Leukaemia (Blood Cancer). I am in total and complete remission. Have been for 5 years, which is in reality the "all clear" stage.

I was asked to provide comprehensive doctor letters, which I did. These letters go into my disease in some depth and are from the world experts. They say I should have a normal life expectancy.

Within 24 hours, a depersonalised generic email says no. Even though I was involved in a personal email process with the charming Brazilian lady.

I'm a type rated, current captain with well in excess of 3,000 on type and multiple other types flown as well.

The woman from recruitment made me feel pretty bad about myself, but of course they won't discuss anything with you. They are above that - or perhaps they realise they are so thick that you'd wipe the floor with their argument.

Anyway, it is their train set and they can keep it.

Good luck, but expect rejection.