PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here it comes: Syria
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2013, 12:21
hanoijane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Courtney,

“I think the disappearance of the Soviet Union is the biggest catastrophe of my life.”

It certainly was the biggest catastrophe for the UK defence force budget.

"Hezbollah has never been a terrorist organization!"

He's correct, it's a political party. Its paramilitary wing is rather naughty though. If you have trouble grasping the difference, think Sinn Fein / IRA.

That a suicide bomb attack on the British Prime Minister“would be morally justified.”

Well, I could never support such a statement, but I see where he's coming from. Why not ask the relatives of those who died pointlessly in recent wars how they would feel about the moral justification of such an action?

To Saddam Hussein “Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability”.

Quite. And, looking at Iraq now, don't you wish he was still there, albeit having had his ears boxed and taught how to behave in a reasonable manner?

Of Assad, “For me he is the last Arab ruler, and Syria is the last Arab country”.

I think you'll find this was said more in the vein of a prophecy than a statement of admiration.

Courtney, you have the right to seek council from whomsoever you wish. But I would respectfully suggest you choose advisors with a track record of making wise choices in difficult times, even if you dislike the cut of their cloth.