PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair secrets?
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2013, 00:09
JM737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unless youve worked for Ryanair you won't fully understand the issue the pilots are trying to raise here.

The issue is not whether the airline is safe or not its the fact that many of the people who work there (and not just flight crew) believe that the management culture is unsafe.

Ive worked there and I had some concerns about some of the things that happened but I would not have felt comfortable raising them through the official company channels. For a start raising any issue would immediately mark you out as a troublemaker and your report would inevitably end up on the desk of the person with the ability to decide if you got a pay rise that year, what shift you would be working, what base you would be transferred to in the winter and the ability to make your life hell.
I would not have felt comfortable raising my concerns directly with the IAA either as many of my former managers in Ryanair have now found a home there and I have absolutely no doubt that my correspondence would end up back on the desk of the person I refer to.
In Ireland we dont have Whistleblower legislation to protect people who go public on matters like this so that leaves very few options.