PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Standard of RT in USA
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2013, 18:57
con-pilot

Aviator Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instead of telling us you are the best
Considering the size and scope of the US ATC system, who do you believe has a better ATC system?

Now, I don't say that the US ATC is the best or better than any other country, but I've just never encountered any that were as good. With the possible exception of London Center, but even they they do not handle the amount of traffic of say New York City Tracon, which handles the traffic for JFK, LGA, SWF, EWR, ISP, HPH and TEB. Same with ORD, ATL, LAX, SFO, DFW, etc.

Of the top 15 busiest airports in the world, by amount of air traffic handled, the top six are US airports, eleven of the top 15 busiest airports are US, London comes in at 12th, after CDG and FRA.

So, why are you arguing against success? I know not of a single accident that can be blamed on the US ATC system involving a foreign carrier due to the language used by the US ATC Controllers. If I am incorrect, please enlighten me and I'll retract that statement.

I do however, know of a fatal UK registered Lear Jet accident in France that was due to ATC language issue.

Like a BA 747 captain posted here once when this subject was being discussed, it never fails to impress him that on his call from a US ATC controller, after radar contact is established coming in from London, is that he is cleared direct to arrival gate for LAX, on the other side of the US.

Like I said, it is hard to argue against success.

So, with that being written, unless someone can point out an accident involving a foreign carrier due to US ATC language, I am out of this thread, because all I've been seeing lately is sour grapes and jealousy, coupled with cheap shots at people that dare disagree with the British idea of 'we do it better than any other nation in the world'.

Now all of you have a nice day and if you hate flying in the US so much, bid different routes.