PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2013, 23:20
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting; a bloody dreary business.

Phelan's latest piece makes me feel slightly uncomfortable.

Shadow Infrastructure Minister Warren Truss has supported demands from Senator David Fawcett for immediate action on the recommendations of the Senate committee enquiry into CASA and ATSB’s handling of the Pel-Air ditching at Norfolk Island almost four years ago:
I wonder – if Truss gets rolled and Barnaby Joyce steps up to the plate, will he lapse into a post election hiatus and simply not tackle the glaring, serious issues highlighted in the Senate "tip of the iceberg" report; go into a 'too busy' coma, or worse, take advice from the present crew? It will take some political will, horsepower and courage to untangle the Gordian knots, rings of iron, Golden West Mafia tactics, white papers and the entrenched rewards system for towing the line and being a willing accomplice. I notice trips to Montreal are being dished out again; and you wonder where $89 million goes to.

Of course, not being politically savvy is of no help, whatsoever; but, a healthy cynical distrust based on past events makes me wonder, will anything ever, ever change. If Xenophon, Fawcett and the Senate crew were not around, I'd reckon game over. But I can live in hope, wait and see, expect the worst and hope for the best. New cages to rattle, fresh tails to pull and the old enemies will still be squatting near trough – now there is a happy thought.

Jinglie # 1367 –"Tomorrow is the 90 day deadline for Albanese to respond to the Senate report. Mrdak's comment about the "urgency" he briefed Albanese on is now more laughable! Does caretaker mode stop aviation safety? I'm appalled."
About par for the course I'd say, 'what man proposes, the gods disposes'. (Kempis badly paraphrased).

Last edited by Kharon; 22nd Aug 2013 at 23:28.