PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: CASA Regulatory Reform
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2013, 15:27
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Folks,
As one who has been around for a while, I should be used to the steady expansion of the "bullxxxt quotient" that is time dependent, but not so.

What started out as an airport brief, transmogrified into an airport analysis (not the DAPs details) just another word for brief, now the exercise is called a "risk analysis".

For any airport that can take a heavy RPT aircraft in Queensland, if I can't work out how to get in an out of the place in less than an hour, there is a problem. I exclude from this the flight path analysis that must be done for some placed like Cairns, that is type specific DAP flight path analysis, that is NOT risk analysis, but CASA requires even if the highest obstacle within miles is the light in front of the terminal.

Something I have no difficulty recalling was operating G- registered B707 around Africa and the ME, we managed quite OK with the standard flight deck documentation (Airad, not Jep.) and a company brief that covered such risk critical things like where the best money changers and cold beer were to be found --- the really operationally critical things you needed to know.

I trust most of you blokes and blokesses understand that this sort of paper storm is largely peculiar to Australia, a great cost and jobs generator that has sod all to do with actual risk minimization.

Tootle pip!!

Last edited by LeadSled; 13th Aug 2013 at 15:29.