PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this sort of thing common?
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2013, 11:26
FJJP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tales from the crypt...part 1

I spent 20 odd years in FMA. Before I got married, a very friendly Fams Off took me on several march-outs to get a feel for what was required. We went to one AMQ and the first thing that struck us was the aroma pervading the house. Then we discovered that he couldn't be ars*d to use the toilet at night - the wardrobes had to be seen to be believed.

Not only that, there was something strange about the place which we couldn't put our finger on, until we reached out to open a door - only to find that the WAS no door. All the internal doors and a lot of floorboards had been used as firewood! Having to replace all the doors, floorboards and carpets cost a fortune and the family were given extensive treatment by mental health people!

I stopped one of my marchouts when a V young Fams Off told me that my wife was to wait outside as he pulled on his white gloves. I informed this idiot that he could not treat people that way, that my wife was part of MY family and that if he thought he was going to treat me like an initial trainee he was very much mistaken. The real Fams Off apologised profusely and assured me that his holding officer would be properly trained! Incidentally, the MO 2 hours later went without a hitch.

But I could tell you many tales of experience over the years...

Maybe I will..!