PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 500 HOURS LT not much help
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2013, 16:25
Leon1983

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes this is true, I self studied everything never had a class room theory session so there are a few things I just never fully understood.

Would have been great to have a fully integrated course, but I went modular pay as you go, doing the theory on my own, and the flight school just wanted to pass everyone!

I will have to see what the future holds, but like you say there are just so many people at the entry level making it near impossible to stand out

I heard on another forum that Cathay had to change a database because there current system could not cope with the amount of applications & everyone had to re-apply.

Ah wish I still had my money and just flew privately!! I have to work an early morning cleaning job 5-8 then my regular job (customer service) 9-5 and then I have a 3rd job in a bar on weekends 7 till late! and all this just to pay back the huge loan I took for the training and LT, I have to say if it had paid off and I had 10 grand per month coming in it would have been worth it, but jeez grounds for depression.com

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I appreciate it and I wish you well in your current flying jobs, you worked hard for them, enjoy