PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Aug 2013, 21:54
K1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP

Hello to eveyone. I'm interested in knowing more about QR Airline. I currently work and live in South America. As I've seen many old threads in which mostly the are complaints I'm interested in hearing a very sincere point of view. I live in a third world country, meaning a not wonderful place like USA or Europe. I work in a company where A330 FO makes about 4500 dollars with out any housing or extra benefits like many airlines in ME offer, just transportation allowance.

Most of the complaints I see are from people in Europe and North America, and as a pilot who has been in Europe and USA I guess it's much better to work and live in Europe and USA and there are better Jobs in Europe and in USA.

I don't have a problem in following a SOP, but I get really scared of how many people complain and say how it isn't enough to live in Qatar for what you get paid, or how rosters are crazy and the company has very strict rules.

Making 4500 dollars on my country where I have to pay my housing and bills and tax is considered a lot since the minimum wage in the country is only 300 dollars a month.

I would really appreciate a good detail on the airline with a sincere point of view. Thank you very much to all. Happy landings.

A330 FO with 4000 hours.