PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirNZ new Regional recruitment minimums
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2013, 22:57
burty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F/O Minimum Hours - Europe
180hrs from an Approved School and course will get the young lad or ladette an interview for an A320 or B737 F/Os posn at many quality carriers in Europe. Be prepared for the usual interview POF and IR related Qs. The big advantage in Europe is its multi cultural and the is no Bullsh!t that we read often here of the recruiting situation in New Zealand and Australia.

Oh - and often the 19-20yr old lad/ladette gets the job, does the A320/B737 type rating and a few weeks later is the happiest F/O in the world. No Chip on the shoulder - whats that red rock in the centre of Australia - Ayres ?? - and I personally have had 250hr TT F/Os in LVP do Cat3a/b. No politics from these fresh faces - just 100% enthusiasm to get on an do the job to the best of their ability.

I just do not get what the problem is with you folk 'down under'. Does the inverted gravity do something to your egos ?

I also hear Air NZ has recycled Capts as F/Os and then over when over 65 are there really recycled Capts who recycle as S/Os ? It must be some geriatric flight crew - Spare Pace Makers batteries in the Flight deck 'spare bulbs' pack ?? Is there really a 120yr rule - something we hear about the total age of the 2 pilots sitting ( more likely sleeping) in seats 0A and 0B ??
Your F/Os may not have a chip on their shoulder but...