PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Automation vs Seat-of-the-pants-flying talking as devil's advocate - so no abuse plea
Old 31st Jul 2013, 19:47
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAT 5
Ref: seat of the pants. I take this to mean being sensitive to the g sensation of flying. I'm still amazed by pilots who can't sense this.
I'm still amused by PPRuNers seriously suggesting that personal g feel is something that can be used to fly transport aeroplane successfully.

I am also a paraglider pilot. I can & I do. It has saved me on a few occasions where the world was about to fall out of the aeroplane just at the start of the flare, and when on finals in a very hot Spain a combination of orographic updraft amplified by thermals, or each on there own, was trying to fling me skywards above the glide path. Even more interesting on a pure visual. It teaches you to be proactive and lead/control the machine rather than be reactive and be led by it. From the ground I've watch very large a/c being tossed around on a very active thermal day. Quite educational and spectacular.