PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COPA Airlines interviews
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2013, 23:13
pilotelr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BUWHANA, youre never going to see the training department and sim instructors in Copa make the same if not less than line pilots and they work probably 40 or more hours a week versuses 100 hours of flight a month. Captain pay is 69 dollars an hour, and there is no payscale. There is transportation to work, and they pick you up and a van full of people, i believe up to seven people. So its a long ride home sitting in the back of a utility van with bench seats and insane amounts of traffic everyday. stiff ride, and low quality roads. youre better off having a car so you can get home in 15 to 20 minutes if you live in the city versus 1 to two hours of dropping everyone off in places nowhere near the direction of your home. for schools, i am pretty sure your child will not get near as good of an education here than the US, so think about his future. Majors in the US, some, should be hiring, and you will make second year FO more than eternal captain pay here. and you only get 7 non consecutive days off a month with lots of cargo pilots schedules. I am hoping you are over your SJS at your point in your career, so just be careful and think about whats best for your family