PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emergency Descent - 36000'
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2013, 22:07
Natstrackalpha

Location: Not far from the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Orion Arm.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re:
re:
re:
re:
. . and, don`t forget to Sqawk mayday, immediately - it a does a lot, very quickly . . .

Also, with respect to the girlies in the offices - if the wealth of experience on here (and us up there) are . . mulling over the diff between QNH or QNE then do as BOAC says - `cos if we have found an anomoly and cannot readily solve it for now, why do we think "they" can.

I here what you are all saying - this should be thrashed out in . . wherever they thrash these things out ICAO but if you are worried about teaching the SOP as concrete then go down "there" and tell the girlies in the office or write them a letter - there are more ways to ruffle a plumage than others which are operational.

Who flies these things anyway? Whose a** is in the cockpit carrying up to 400 or more lives . . .?

You make the decisions not only for your aircraft but also for aviation as a whole - "developments as a result of pressure from the industry" Captains of Airliners are - like it or not, also, Captains of Industry - it should also be observed that if they do not take your viewpoints very seriously indeed, viz a vie "from the guy sitting at the sharp end, all the time" then that would be clearly - insane. If they listen to me, then they damn well WILL listen to you.

Flight Safety has all to do with protocol and cuddly wuddly peace and quiet.

I/we have tangibly done our bit and I await 2014 with baited breath - as far as MORA/MSA and definitions esoteric on the final level being 10,000 14,000 or below, infinite and, as yet, inconclusive then lobby and do it now.

I cannot here, but only relay. which may not do much, as I am still frying my brain since lacking the requisite experience and knowledge level to even dare ponder commenting on the differences listed above.

If you do not lead them - it shall not be done. ICAO, on receiving your complaint, enquiry, report, concern, observation will breathe a sigh of relief that somebody out there - YOU are seeing stuff and acting on it - it saves them a packet of time too - instead of ploughing through the rubble of a smoking hole.

Think of the lives you will have saved (think of the lives you have already saved now) - don`t say nowt` - nobody knows nowt`

Last edited by Natstrackalpha; 28th Jul 2013 at 22:09.