PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 27th Jul 2013, 09:16
330airbus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TruthaboutQR,

Welcome to the forum. You must work for EY or EK.
I cannot emphasize on what a useless and false post you just wrote.
Yes the recruitment process could be better i do agree, and it is frustrating.
Housing allowance won't always cover the cost, it can if you look at the right places, but otherwise you end up putting 1000-2000 QR out of your pockets, out of the pay which we wouldn't make close to back at our homes.

You are a idiot if you are going to the wrong classes. Been here for a while now, meet new joiners on a weekly basis and I've never heard that one.

If sim and line training feels like checking or testing, then either you just really don't know your ****, or the instructors are just put off by your attitude and don't like you. HMMMM why wouldn't they.

Yes usually people are scared for their jobs here, because of what they hear, and because of rumors, etc etc.
Sure QR is stricter than most companies with few things, but what the heck?
What could possibly go wrong by disconnecting at 2000 feet and hand flying if you're doing it right?
Even when you hand fly, if you do not fit the stabilization criteria, elect to go around and you will not hear from anyone.
Ive had my fair share of mess ups myself, either my own, or my FO's, and I wasn't called to the office.

I cannot comment on the schooling.
I just feel like guys like you will be unhappy everywhere.

See you around. NOT

Last edited by 330airbus; 27th Jul 2013 at 09:19.