PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Aviation Academy San Diego
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2013, 13:26
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just face it ,chum,
As such, I could not be cleared for 1st solo after 36 hrs TT and 96 landings logged. At that point I realized I am wasting my resources and decided to quit the course and continue in UK.
you're a slow learner.

Regarding the course termination, the moment I decided to quit, I went straight to Martin, then Tom (school owner), and I explained my situation. They both accepted and that was it. I got with me all the training records and I was refunded the outstanding balance $1000 after 28 days.
but once you latch on, you get up to speed quickly

A good result and good to hear you are doing OK in the UK......
If you employed someone to tile your kitchen and the first couple of rows were wonky and uneven, would you really stand by until 3/4 of the time.effort and materials were wasted, before complaining?

At about the 15 hour mark, I'd have been demanding a checkride with a senior ,or different instructor...but i'm a crabby old bastard who'se money came hard and I expect value for it!

Overall, when the bosses were faced with a problem, they handled it fairly.....they could, perhaps, have gone the extra mile and given you say, 5," free" hours proper tuition to compensate for the 30-odd substandard ones you were charged for.
They obviously did not realise, until you complained, your instructor was not up to the job.(poor management and progress-monitoring, IMO )..complaining earlier would have saved you,and probably several more studes a lot of grief.
lesson learned, could have been a lot worse! onward and upwards , as they say