PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA a320 type rating renewal in SE Asia?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2013, 04:23
bananaman2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I renewed my JAA/EASA 320 a little over a month ago and was researching the same stuff.

1) Cockpit-pro... spoke to them - heard good things about them also. Problem is, so I was told... they can't do renewals under the new EASA regs for UK licence holders anymore (or at the moment) - so if you're a UK licence holder as I am, not an option. Think if you got your licence under another JAA/EASA state you might be ok - but you'll need to check with them.

2) I believe Alpha Aviation's new A320 sim in Clark is EASA certified (i've seen the certificate somewhere on their facebook page - dig back through the history). Not sure if they have an EASA examiner though, certainly when I was there all the instructors and examiners were Filipino as they cater for the Philippine market, although the Head of Training is English I think. Thus you'd have to fly someone over and pay their expenses, unless they happen to be around anyway. Also the rates for the sim didn't seem competitive.

Decided to go back to the UK in the end - combine with a hol and also so I could head down to the CAA to sort out the licence personally.

Anyway - the Jakarta thing sounds good for future ref and if there's anyone kicking about who wants to partner up for a 320 renewal in future let me know, May - July is when I renew.

Good luck!