PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF VC10 - Great Memories
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2013, 20:41
jack schidt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a picture of the first flight of the VC10, my grandfather was working at the airfield factory at the time, I am not sure if he is in the picture to be honest. The picture is showing the aircraft just after rotation and all the factory workers standing alongside the runway. I will be away the next few days, I will try to get a picture of it uploaded and put on here over the next week.

I am not sure, but I think this is the first Super VC10 flight as opposed to the Standard VC10s.

As a very young child I went to Weybridege with my grandfather and watched the cranes in the hangers and aircraft production in the late 60s, we also went to Wisley. It was this that partly inspired me into aviation and I did fly the VC10 later in my life. As a tribute to the many hours spent at LHR with my grandad on some Saturdays I now smile every time I land in LHR and wonder what it would have been like back in the 60s in the VC10, the halcyon days some would say.

Edit: I just went to look at the photo, it's an A5 photo and the registration is G-ASGA

Last edited by jack schidt; 20th Jul 2013 at 21:03.