PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This Disgusts Me! - Heathrow emergency: Nine passengers sue
Old 13th Jul 2013, 00:49
Theviewdownhere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaveReidUk,

You also state:

"More importantly, the incident was entirely preventable, being a result of poor design and shoddy maintenance which had resulted in multiple previous instances of the same event. That's what you should be reserving your "disgust" for."

Yes it was preventable, early indications indicate that:

1. Engineers inspected the engines - maintained the engines and did not re-latch the cowling

2. On 'Walk around' this was not spotted

3. There is almost certainly* a design flaw by Airbus and the engine manufacturers that this was possible

However - the fact that passengers and greedy lawyers are sueing does not rectify this!!! I believe, and please correct me if I am wrong, as I am just SLF, the fact that an incident has occured, a recommendation will be made by the powers that be!

I do believe that the greedy are just taking a punt at winning some compensation! As I said, maybe that is just me being more chilled with aviation - but I would have the same view with the railways, underground or any other form of transport!

* disclaimer - no-one has seen the final report - so not casting aspercions (sp?)

Last edited by Jetdriver; 13th Jul 2013 at 01:45.