PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Standard of RT in USA
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2013, 17:26
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Data, cont'd

@Agaricus

Point of invoking CVN flight ops in high sortie rate conditions is not that it should be emulated as such. The point was instead to refer to an intensive flight ops environment (because - a number of defenders of the status quo of US ATC have cited its high traffic characteristic) where (presumably) there is a fairly high degree of uniformity, or of standardization, which was the gist of the opening post of this thread (at least as I understood it). If the military approach (no pun intended) to air traffic management, including but not limited to standardized or mostly standardized r/t, is a good model to try to follow, it might be useful and practical for the further reason that necessarily it works by virtue of people following their unit's chain of command. Somehow I do not have the sense that FAA facilities function quite the same way (yet). What about in the UK?? does atc tend to function as if a strong chain of command is in place, or is it more like a mere civil service workplace? [this is a mere interrogative - I intended no sarcasm or other aspersion, cast or otherwise conveyed or implied.]