PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rise! Unemployed pilots in India
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2013, 01:40
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Raman is just "lucky" and that's it? Of course it couldn't of had anything to do with him researching, applying and doing whatever it takes to get the job? He got "lucky" because he TRIED. So many here do not even bother to try outside of their ignorant and arrogant self-absorbed and pre-ordained right to a job inside India on a pretty jet.

So an "Indian" died in a plain crash in Africa? What of other nationalities killed in African GA, or PNG, or Australia, NZ, Nth & Sth America? Does it matter the nationality? You have zero idea let alone concept about GA or being in Command of an aircraft OCTA. A pilot's skills need to be there and we have all made mistakes. We learned from those mistakes, matured from them, grew from them and took that experience toward the earned privilege of a jet.

Alouette - language is no barrier unless you choose to make it. I know of several pilots who learned a new language in taking jobs in Europe. I met with one expat FO who once offered to learn Dutch within 12 months to sit the KLM exams since the exams were in Dutch.

Ever tried getting a corporate job in certain parts of Asia or the Middle East and being American? I do not believe you have any experience but I have many friends who have. Please do not use the race card.

Johnny - you're implications of racism are insulting and intolerable, let alone disgusting and offensive in the extreme. I comment on what I witnessed first hand: be they in India, Nth America, Europe, Asia or anywhere. I have written posts condemning the standards of aviation and airlines in all these countries. You however choose to follow a spineless and cowardice avenue of race.

I stand by every comment I have ever posted about the standards of the DGCA and AI. The onus is 100% on you to prove any comment I've made wrong. I will always speak out about a pilot, be he Indian or from anywhere who meets me in the lobby of the hotel or dispatch office at age 20 with < 225 hrs and calls himself "Capt......." and when given the chance is nothing but a loaded gun with hammer cocked if given the controls. I strand by that professional assessment.

As an FAA (and DGCA) approved widebody TRE I have the experience and credentials to comment on pilot standards, training systems and regulatory body methods to enforce them. Do you? If not them you have zero scope to challenge my assessment of standards. I have NEVER judged a person a race and find the mere hint or accusation immensely offensive.

You have used quotations that make out I used those words. You are a liar. Find but one post where I have ever used any of the words you have used quotations for that I have ever used.

I have said all along that the DGCA has failed the local Indian pilots in deliberately and knowingly failed them in providing the required standards of training career progression that they deserve. I have said the same of the airlines.

And for the record, I am far from the only one bashing AI or the DGCA. This thread is almost in it's entirety about the same.

I have made no excuses, not whined about my career as such, despite your claims and accusations. On the contrary. I, and others with "experience" by having been the shoes of a wannabe dispute the excuses and whines offered up here.

Yes, I will point fingers at poor grammar. When idiots use "text speak" or cannot compose a simple sentence then they make a fool of themselves and a slur on the profession they believe they should be given a gold key to.

You are also correct in saying that "you show up your face at every operators office anywhere in world and you will stand a chance to find job irrespective of work & visa procedures along with local law." YES! You have XERO chance of getting a job if you don't even apply or find a way to make it happen. The world is not the same all over - I more than most know. Why? Because I've been there. You have not. I have and many colleagues have as well applied for work visas knowing full well that there is a high chance of it being denied. And hey presto! Sometimes it works. But you never know unless you try.

You have zero idea of the number of Indian wannabe pilots who have contacted me privately and whom I've had the privilege to coach and mentor. One active user of this web site took the advice, relentlessly studied hard, asked questions and we worked through his study and methods. He applied for an interview, he worked harder again, and got the job. He has the passion, determination and the humility to get what he wanted and do what it took.

So the next time you try the race card and even attempt to sway toward calling me racist I suggest you grow a spine first as you have zero concept of the accusation you assume.

Last edited by TopTup; 9th Jul 2013 at 01:47.