PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2013, 07:57
Very Sneaky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neopowered34
Thanks Very Sneaky appreciate your response! Test is only 2 sleeps away, will post up how I go Monday afternoon

So with the memory one, the six numbers you are given remain the same however you just need to keep adding/remembering new ones. 2, then 3, then 4 different ones as they add them on? so using your example it could be first two numbers they give as 1,7 then you enter 5982377, next time 3 digits 1,7,6, then 5982377 etc?

Geoff
No worries Geoff. The example I used was just for the purpose of explaining it. The numbers will continue for each until you finish the test (maybe 15-20 numbers?) or get 2 in a row wrong (maybe 3? its been a while). You sort of have the right idea; for 2 displacements you'll need to remember the 2 numbers prior to the number currently shown, 3 numbers for 3 displacements and 4 for 4 displacements.

Heres an example for 2 displacements using the numbers 5, 9, 8, 2, 3, 7, 7:

Screen 1:
Input (what you enter): -
Number Given: 5

Screen 2:
Input: -
Number: 9

Screen 3:
Input: 5
Number: 8

Screen 4:
Input: 9
Number: 2

Screen 5:
Input: 8
Number: 3

Screen 6:
Input: 2
Number: 7

Screen 7:
Input: 3
Number: 7

etcetera. It's quite a difficult task, especially when you have to remember 3 or 4 numbers, so don't stress out too much if you don't feel like you did well, chances are you did better than you thought. I remember thinking I failed, and I was told I did quite well - I thought they were having me on at the time!

Last edited by Very Sneaky; 6th Jul 2013 at 08:03.