PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rise! Unemployed pilots in India
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2013, 05:05
billboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suspect a weak intellect as you are strongly bonded to your vague notion of mass unemployment in Indian aviation industry
Listen buddy, i think nobody cares about your assessment of my intellectual level. People can make their own assessments if required. So just spare us the time and stick to the actual argument. No need to get personal.

not everyone appearing for CAT can get into IIM's, not everyone appearing for UPSC exams can become IAS officers
1) To be eligible for those exams one needs a bachelors degree. How much does that cost. 5-6 lakhs? To be eligible for airline jobs one needs to spend 30 lakhs. Infact now that most of the vacancies are for TRed candidates, you need to spend at least 45 lakhs. Not to get the job but just to be eligible to apply! So risks are greater.

2) If you don't have a CAT score good enough for IIMs there are many other good colleges one can get into. If one cannot make it to IAS, one still has a shot at IPS, IRS, IAAS, allied services and State Civil Services. So in these exams its not a case of "everything or nothing." If you don't get the college or service of your choice, you will have a shot at achieving something less. If you have a CPL, its a case of "everything or nothing." You either get a job flying aircraft or you don't get anything out of it, career-wise.

3) If you try but fail at CAT(low per.) or UPSC, your preparation for these exams puts you in a good position for other competitive exams like Bank PO, government jobs, etc. Preparation for airline exams helping with other exams? Not so much.

4) You earlier posted that the unemployment rate in India is 9.9%. So number of aspirants for other fields maybe in lakhs but 90% of them do find jobs. Compare that with the percentage of CPL holders who manage to get jobs.

will you please care to enlighten us by letting us know that if not this phase than when was the better phase in indian aviation industry than the current phase
2006-2007 was a better time. Perhaps the only better time.

unlike CPL holders which is not a huge number, may be 5000-6000, may be less, and no one is sure of this number.
Come on, don't change the goal post now! Earlier you said the number is intact at 6000 and implied that 240 odd people have been hired since the beginning of this year.

In which field will you find organisations conducting exams and giving a chance of employment to the aspirants every month ???( IndiGo)
Whaaaat?!! Whats up gambol? I thought the only recruitment exercises conducted by Indigo since Feb 2012 were in Mar-Apr 2012 and April 2013(written only). Both these exercises remain incomplete with not a single person hired. Correct me if i am wrong.

Right now on an average we have vacancies every 3 months. correct me if I am wrong.
OK. Recruitments in my knowledge:

1) Jet Airways 737 Type Rated. Completed.
2) Indigo. Written exams held in 2nd week of April. Results not declared as yet. March 2012 recruitment still incomplete. Not a single fresher hired by Indigo after Feb 2012.
3) Jet Airways Non-Type Rated. Written exams not held yet. Feb 2011 recruitment still incomplete.

So for 2 out of the 3 vacancies, not a single person has been hired from the recruitment exercises held prior to the current vacancy! Any guesses when the new recruitments will be completed?

Quote:
I won't call 20-30 aircraft a lot. The number of operators has increased by 15-20 in the last 2 years but in most cases they remain small with one or two aircraft each. BTW when did state governments start hiring fresh CPL holders. GA in India is even more pitiful than scheduled operations. Anyone who does not want to believe that can visit the offices of charter operators to find out the ground situation.
Get your facts right. its not 20-30 aircrafts. DGCA has issued permit to +90 aircrafts operated by Non-scheduled operators.Which is not bad,and has helped improving job prospects for pilots in india. whatever the amount is the bottomline is that they created jobs for the pilots..In order to confirm the authenticity of the information, please visit DGCA website. I do not beat around the bush unlike you and always come with facts on the basis of authentic information.
There are 183 aeroplanes at present with non-scheduled operators in India. I don't think the fleet of non-scheduled operators has doubled in the past 2 years. I am providing a link from where you can verify the number of 183.

Search.asp.
Select "non-scheduled" and "aeroplane" then click "search."

Please give the source of your information that 90+ permits have been issued in past two years. Also let us know how many of these aircraft were actually inducted.

Spice jet added as many as 29 aircraft over 2 and a half years from mid 2010,14 Boeings and 15 Bombardiers. its operations increased by 111 per cent during this period they got the delivery of the last three Q400 NextGen turboprop aircraft from Bombardier in the month of December 2012, and this completes the order for 15 Q400s.
Last year, it had inducted 12 planes and also in the last year, the Aviation Ministry gave approval to IndiGo to induct 16 aircraft in the year 2013. 28 aircrafts in 2 years, and you still believe things have not gone better.
Jet Airways
Jet has inducted five new state-of-the-art ATR 72-600 series aircraft to its fleet in december 2012. We all know about the Boeing 737 induction plans and the authenticity of the induction.
Also they took the delivery of Airbus 330-300 aircraft in december 2012 too.

Still believe that things are worse and not getting better.
Yes, things have not gone better. Because 64 KFA aircraft were grounded in less than a year when the company collapsed in 2012. Don't forget to subtract that from the no. of aircraft that Jet, Indigo, Spicejet, etc. added. One also has to keep in mind that while all the inductions and groundings were happening, the number of CPL holders kept increasing.

They have ordered 180 aircrafts in the year 2011 to be inducted over years. One can foresee the future with a hope.
Now don't tell me expansion plans have gone awry and blah blah. In the case of IndiGo, they have inducted what they had ordered.
So aircraft deliveries were not deferred by airlines(except Indigo) in the post 2007 period? One cannot wish away the reality with "blah blah."

One needs to keep in mind that:

1) the 180 aircraft will be delivered over a period of 10 years from 2015 to 2025.

2) a good number of those 180 aircraft will be for replacement of older aircraft rather than for new additions to their fleet. The average fleet age of IndiGo's aircraft is 2.3 years. So on an average they replace their aircraft every 2.3 years. In 10 years the fleet will be replaced about 4 times. Net addition over 10 years =180/4 = 45. Their expansion plan does not look so impressive now, does it? And these are the expansion plans of the only airline in India that earns any profits!!! Rest are all running losses. Anyways, my own calculation is very crude but it does give you an idea of what i am trying to put across.

Information given can be verified from the link below.
IndiGo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia