PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesia p2F for low timer is back!!!!
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2013, 02:42
smiling monkey

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by FactCheck_Indonesia
Don't you dare judge me.
You will be judged by others whether you like it or not. When you apply for your next job, you will be judged by the DFO, chief pilot and the selection committee of that airline. That's life.

I had lunch with a friend of mine who is chief pilot of the A320 fleet of an airline in Asia. He tells me he receives hundreds of applications from all over the world ranging from those with 250 hours TT with an A320 rating but with zero hours on type, to those who have in advance of 5000 hours on type. I asked him which candidates he prefers to choose and his reply was simple. During his time, there was no P2F schemes at all. He worked his way from being a 200 hour fresh CPL 30 odd years ago, to flying scenic flights in single engine Cessnas, to flying multi-piston charter aircraft until he got his first break as an F/O in a regional airline after 2000 hours flying piston power aircraft. He said those who have done it this way have proven their dedication to the industry; they're the type of people who are in it for the right reasons and they will be the ones on top of his list.

He went on to to say, when you have a large pool of candidates to choose all with similar jet experience, what separates one candidate from the other, is the journey that they have taken to get to where they are now. It's not all about the hours.