PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF VC10 - Great Memories
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2013, 19:34
NutLoose

Received 2,822 Likes on 1,202 Posts
Another favourite memory was doing a ground run over on the tubes. We had a new Sgt Sooty on the Team and as I was doing the ground run my Cpl taught him how to use the radio to contact Brize Ground to obtain permission to start engines. The night before I had had a pretty good night with a new WRAF Painter and Doper. Unfortunately the new Sgt had left the radio lever in transmit and the in depth details of my night with this WRAF was being broadcast all over the airways

You had to get permission from Ops for a run, talking to Ground was a courtesy and if you needed fire cover for a high powered run, one run I did I had a rather stroppy and obnoxious women on the other end who was being very very obstructive to me getting on with my run, I told her straight I was talking to her simply as a courtesy, I did not need her permission to run anything as I already had it, I was done talking to her and I was starting up, she was not a happy camper, I could still hear her bleating over the radio as I turned her down

Incidentally I found the code book in the line office that was supposed to be for transmitting defects etc over the radio, bay 41 would become bay 9, xw109 would become 12 airframe defect would be code 22 etc.... Had lots of fun and games with that little peach transmitting bingo calls as they frantically tried to decipher them .

Anyone remember the frozen toilet and the palouste incident?

Last edited by NutLoose; 28th Jun 2013 at 19:37.