PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PUS under Fire
Thread: PUS under Fire
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2013, 12:25
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5 Forward 6 Back

removing CEA and flying pay from aircrew not in active flying roles. A complete lack of understanding of what both are meant to cover!
I am not being cynical or am I trying to stir up something that I know has been discussed on this forum many times.
However, I must admit that I have never really understood what both are meant to cover, as you put it!

And just my two pence on the Civil Service:

I have a wife who works for the MOD on a cr@p wage, who even after 17+ years will end up with a cr@p pension. She and just about all of her work mates have been pushed and pulled from pillar to post; threat of redundancy, threat of TUPE, threat of this change, threat of that change, etc, etc, etc.

Yet she still spends approximately 30% of her salary and nearly 4 hours of her day travelling by unbelievably cramped and unreliable, dirty, minging trains to get to work each day. Why? because she loves her job and is proud of what she does to (hopefully) help those members of the Armed Forces to operate safely and efficiently all over the world.
It is just a shame that she has her hands tied and is blindfolded by muppets! (That is my opinion, not hers )