PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Middle East Airline has best quality of life?
Old 26th Jun 2013, 08:54
RETARD_RETARD_RETARD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oman @ LOC 22550 and Mach five point Five

Muscat i'm sure would do well. And fully agree with LOC2250.

Being an expat and i'm sure a lot of ladies and germs here would agree, any region where the local population exceeds the expat colony would obviously be a nice place, and Muscat does truely fall in that category.

Yup, apart from the locals practically runing everytihng, right frmo taxi's to the post office, the 7-11 stores and the souks, they have a different sense of respect for someone outta town.

It is one hellvoa relief not seeing that many Filipono's, Indian's pakistani's and bangladeshi's weave their way into the lower tier 'worker-bracket', although i'd firmly like to state that i have nothing against Filipono's, Indian's pakistani's and bangladeshi's and i respect their contribution to what they do to keep our cities running, not having them around in Muscat that much does give the place a sense of being "NORMAL".

I'm not sure if anyone here had any interaction with Omani pilots, atleast with my experience of chatting up with them, they do come across as extremely conducive and i've sensed a lot of 'mutual-professional' respect from them.

Although being an expat and flown in a few places where the local pilots gang up on the expats, especially with the "They get paid more than we do" and the "..THrow the expats out"... retort, i've rarely seen that come from Oman.

THere's a lot of Ag Aviation or crop dusting in Oman so yeah, it does feel normal when your flying in that region, kinda reminds you of home when you hear some sense of reality as opposed to everything being 'plasticky and window-dressed' on the Radio.

Oman air does have some interesting growth plans so flagging that airline for the future might make sense.