PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rise! Unemployed pilots in India
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2013, 03:00
billboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reasonable number of people got hired in the last 4 years??? If that was the case then people would not be complaining about the high rates of unemployment among CPL holders in India.

Air India and Jet Airways are the biggest airlines in India. The last time Air India came up with a vacancy for non-TR guys was in April 2009. Jet came up with one in Aug 2010. They came up with a vacancy again in Feb 2011. The Feb 2011 recruitment exercise has STILL not been completed. Indigo has not recruited anyone in more than a year and same is perhaps() the case with Spicejet. Infact Indigo has a surplus of pilots.

Reasonable number of people got hired in the last 4 years??? If that was the case then CPL holders would not be leaving in hordes to get Type-ratings WITHOUT a job guarantee. It is the desperation resulting from years of mass unemployment that leads people to do that.

I am sorry if anybody feels demoralized after reading my post but i am just stating facts. The misinformation spread by the media about pilot shortage in 2006-2007 has contributed to the present situation. I request that people do not come to these threads and spread any more disinformation about "things getting better" unless they can justify their claim with the statistics that they claim to have access to but refuse to share.

The day airlines would feel the need to hire a "reasonable" number of people, they would have to do away with the requirement of self-sponsored TR. Looking at the way things are, that day may never come!! Somebody tell me i am wrong.