PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 100 and 200 SIDS
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2013, 00:31
rnuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gassed Budgie.
If something happens to your aircraft prior to doing the SIDs after the due date. All I can say to you is good luck in court !!
The SIDs are now part of the manufacturers maint manual.
At the moment it depends on what system of maint your on, and what your log book statement says.
Note that it says at the top of D2004-5-13 TR 11 page 1 2A-10-00 SIDs, under scope. 'This provides the MANDATORY times and inspection intervals for components and airplane structures'
With regards to CASA, I have no doubt they will mandate the SIDs just as they did with the 300/400 series cessna's. To add to that I have heard rumors from a solid source that the CASA sched 5 may well be removed as an option, and for us that means back to the manufacturers or other individually approved maintenance manuals.
I would assume CASA will give owners/operators a reasonable time frame for the changeover.
Whilst my aeroplane had been shipped from the states with wings and tail removed i decided to take the opportunity to do the SIDs. That way it was done and I knew I could have peace of mind with the airframe.
Also I remember the delays we had getting spares when all of a sudden everyone was doing the SIDs on the 300/400 series and finding similar problems.
If you are an operator of course that means time and loss of revenue.

Last edited by rnuts; 25th Jun 2013 at 00:39.