PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Middle East Airline has best quality of life?
Old 23rd Jun 2013, 12:06
RETARD_RETARD_RETARD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In response to SamJet, Laker and rest of the boys

Whilst a lot of the lads here have said their peace, and shockingly, almost everyone seem to be calling a spade a space!(!)!..!!..

I left Dubai during its first Gold Rush(2006)and was out by time the Klondike camps started to close. I've seen Dubai, Doha and Bahrain at its best, and worse.

For the Family Guy | Well, if your married, Dubai would make sense, sure you have schools, company sponsored villas(depending on where you stand in the food chain) easy access to shopping, activity to keep the Mrs. Busy and out and about, fun for the kids and enough watering holes to restore the ol nerves in the evening. Dubai is good as long as you refrain from the filth of the middle east; namely immigrants from 'piss-poor' countries who throng the place to make a quick buck, shaft a few credit card companies and return back to Morrocco, Egypt, Syria(or whats left of it), Yemen, Tunisa, Sudan, Iran(The wise asses who drive the most Chevy Camaro's) and Iraq(the maniacs driving the Ford Mustangs).

Dubai's nice as long as you keep to yourself and have like minded folks around. IT really isnt a place to mingle and socialize, unless you want to find your wife caught up on the "Afghan R and R" orgy scene(or if thats your thing, sure, there are loads of villa's into that).

Locals are arrogant, annoying, rude and nasty; and the cops cant be trusted in Dubai. period.

For the Single Guy | I'd put my money on Bahrain, its more expat friendly, the city's get a vibrant and respectable night life, you actually CAN meet a reasonably decent chick here unlike Dubai where she'd steel your credit card and vanish back to where she comes from!. Bahrain's been the most liberal of all the Middle East nations and the locals are extremely friendly and hospitable. I remember a story from the 1990's, when a family invited us to their joint and gave us a feast!. these were the days when cellphones were called "car-phones".

Oman in times to come "Might be the ideal place for the Family | I've flown and been around Muscat a few times, its not as lavish or "BLAH" as Dubai, but the people make up for it. the Money is good, increasingly they seem to be building up reasonable leisure spots, locals are humble, friendly and extremely possessive of expats(they feel they still owe us gratitude when he helped them during war they had in the early 70's); and importantly, Muscat/Oman is extremely safe. Not just that, it has water and is green, unlike Dubai or Bahrain for that matter.

These are based on my personal observations of having flown a lot around the ME; whilst opinions differ, Muscat night be a nice place to come into in next few years.

All the best mate!