PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caption competition
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2013, 23:19
brickhistory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time, folks while I have the time and memory to do this. There was a definite theme with this one, but the old ones are usually the best ones...

Third Place - 622 with No Sir, you don't have to surrender ...we are on your side.

Second Place (tie) - Fox3WheresMyBanana - As might be expected, the French General had, on sighting British troops, changed into civvies and claimed to know nothing about the sword and pistol found in the toilets.

"I am the innkeeper, Sir. You are most welcome in my country..some cognac?On the house, of course!"

and Buster Hyman - "Oi! You're inspecting British Troops SAH! You may be used to looking at the backs of French troops, as that is the customary position that we see them too, but just turn your head to the right...there's a good lad!"

First Place - jw cook's Frog PM - "Soldiers you say, very impressive! so forgive measking ummm.. what do they do?"

Over to jw cook. In the event he fails to post within 24 hours, I suggest that the first of either of the 2d placers take over. ( I just realized that I won from jw cook, so sorry for the conflict of interest, but I thought his pithy.)

Last edited by brickhistory; 20th Jun 2013 at 23:22.