PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2013, 23:12
Flying Daruma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, I'm so sorry to hear that moonie and PMK.

Don't let it get you down though. It takes several tries and sometimes more. I personally remember being rejected 5 times (from different airlines) before I actually even got the job. So keep your head up high and recruitments always looms in about every year or two. Use this time to determine what you can do better and how to improve your chances If you want help, than please feel free to ask at any time.

Secondly, with all due respect I must disagree with the above post.

If the ratio of applicants to necessary crew is 3000:70, than should it really be such a surprise than even people with airline experience are cut? The experience usually only gets you to the AD which you clearly stated that they have reached. In my experience at ADs before I became crew, they would judge a person by their responses during the interview, their references and such on. As a matter of fact, from the list of people who had actually gotten the job from my AD, half of them had previous airline experience.

On top of that, would they really have the time to pull up 40-50 people's resumes each AD to determine who had previous airline experience so that they could cut them out? I wouldn't think so.

And please, don't call the applicants who are successful "people who can't stand up for themselves". It's disrespectful to those who actually get the job.