PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air for expats
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2013, 08:46
Rients

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went there and I think there's something seriously wrong with that company.

The (many, many) advertisements of KAL looks nice with great benefits right? How on earth is it possible that a company screws up that much that you're feeling a martyr for that money?

My opinion: the ego of the koreans (from instructors to the board). They are so incredibly reluctant to decrease the hierarchy between cpt & f/o that they have to increase checks/double checks/confirmations/double confirmations/long briefings to 'maintain' ICAO's level of safety. Because of their low safety level years ago ICAO made it mandatory that they hire more expats to increase CRM and therefore increase safety. So they are hiring more expats, but to keep them longer than their training (or max a few years)? No way! They don't want those noisy & assertive western people in their precious company.

And so you get that weird atmosphere that you don't bent or handshake first to your instructor, you DON'T refuse dinner in your 15min sim break, you laugh when he tells you to laugh and also... you only use the automation & managed guidance of the aircraft! Because they rather have a triple increase of their stresslevels when the automation fails, than disconnecting the AP above 1000' and using selected speed when there's no need... you just don't do that... EVER! If you do? They tell you: "Please go back to where you & your jetlag come from, ASAP!"