PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2013, 19:16
mtanz0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAD Test Redo

Hi Guys, about 6 months ago, having failed the Ishihara plates during my class 2 medical, I booked in for a CAD test at Gatwick. Unfortunately I failed the main test by what I was told was a significant threshold, but I scored 80% in the screening test, which I'm told if I would have obtained 2 more correct answers in I wouldn't have had to persevere with the main test and would have then become unrestricted. I'm recorded as having a Protan deficiency, r-g threshold 17.72, y-b threshold 0.57.

I'm considering doing a re-test, although I know I would now have to obtain an average between the two tests which is adequate, rather than just one. Also, I'm wondering do they give you the option of the screening test the 2nd time round, as this seems by far the easiest way to pass.

Like many others, I'm obsessed with the thought of flying commercially, and wondering if I move to Austrailia, which I gather is one of the few places that doesn't regard colour deficiency as critical, can I work as a commercial pilot.

I currently have a VFR restricted Class 2 medical.

Thanks.

Last edited by mtanz0; 14th Jun 2013 at 19:19.