PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 14th Jun 2013, 19:10
Vc10Tail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ nyongesan

You want my thoughts?I think any airline that encounters such financial turbulence will invariably mean belt tightening cost savings and profit contribution schemes.Cost centers that have no short term contribution to airline's financial health will likely suffer.Training is one of them.Long term asset and investment financing such as fleet and routes might have to be restructured to allow a more robust cashflow and financial sustainability.Marketing at Kenya Airways as well as Kenya Tourism in general has to re-strategise to a different sales pitch.Passenger demand has to be stimulated by creating more attractive pricing to fill those seats with bums. I think the biottom line is there might be some furloughs in pilot training especially at ab-initio level.Focus might be more on direct entry candidates who will cost the airline less to grow operations cost effectively.It all depends whether the fleet orders and delivery schedule will be maintained at the current rates(which I doubt) or if they will be slowed down.

What are your thoughts kijana?