PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qlink's future.
Thread: Qlink's future.
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2013, 11:34
SIDS N STARS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Quite the contrary.

As a few thread contributers have alluded to previous, the boys and girls at SSA/EAA are getting B717's, even though Cobham have been publicly announced as the prefered operator. Which means the little boys and girls at SSA/EAA are a certainty to get the C-Series, even though QANTAS haven't mentioned any intention to buy or lease any.

So it goes without saying, anyone can clearly see that once Sh*tstar have enough 787's for the boys at the top, SSA/EAA will be the next in line for the aircraft to operate on those ideal routes like SY-CB, SY-MQ, SY-CH, etc.. all ex SY of course, because as we all know, if it's not happening in SY, then it just isn't happening.

On a serious note though, I did hear rumours if Cobham can't get enough applicants to meet their expansion needs, then positions will be offered to SSA/EAA Q400 crews. I'm wondering how that would work. As Cobham is not a QANTAS Group company, can a MOU be put in place? Would the Q400 crews have to resign from SSA/EAA and start at the bottom of Cobhams seniority list or would their DOJ @ SSA/EAA be intergrated into Cobhams seniority list?

Anyway not my problem, just interesting to see how it all pans out.