PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 8th Jun 2013, 22:13
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In pragmatic hope.

Taily, agree; in all probability the Hon. Entsch will slide off the fork come Sept, especially if he is allowed to through industry apathy or a belief that nothing can be done. I expect it's up to the individual to decide if the 60 seconds it takes to send an email applauding and supporting his very public declaration is worth the effort. "Great idea, go for it Wazza, bring it on....etc."

I'll support Thorny on this one. If nothing is done, then apart from a few dreamers and the 'heavies' the detrimental effect of the 'malign influence' will drive 'large' GA operations out of existence. I doubt, given the vast amounts of 'national' debt that the cost of doing business will ever be reduced; but, it may be hoped that the ability to conduct business and attract investment improves. For my small say – a Junior minister and a panel of four 'truly' independent analysts could sort out the issues in about six months, there is help available, the Auditor General, the Attorney General and the AFP - for example. We have the tools, just need some political horsepower (flower-power or firepower for the purists).

Anyway – Even if 'Wazza' ditches the rhetoric (again), somehow I just can't see the likes of Fawcett, Xenophon, Macdonald, Nash, Edwards and even Sterle walking away, with a clear conscience, from the disgusting Pel Air episode. They simply know too much.

Fingers crossed : eyes wide open....

For clarity - TB. - So our regulators, happy with the odd brown paper bag on Friday arvo, free lunches and "Study" trips continue to "regulate" the industry into oblivion. What will these people do when there's nothing left to regulate, no free lunches then. From the Barrier thread.

Last edited by Kharon; 8th Jun 2013 at 22:46. Reason: Seems I forgot Sen. Edwards - you know who you are.