PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WEARING OF HEADSETS
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2013, 10:39
oriental flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WEARING OF HEADSETS

Well according to the latest publication from GMF , All Boeing pilots are now required to wear headsets full time when flying over Chinese airspace.
Well! isn't that going to be absolutely wonderful ? NOT .
The new headsets are incredibly uncomfortable especially if you have to wear them for hours, Maybe he will now take pity on the poor pilots and buy some decent lightweight headsets for them to wear.

I would like to remind the GMF that before he " dictated " the use of flight interphone at all times when using headsets we never had these problems on the boeing simply because we never used the intercom switch.

So instead of punishing everyone for an individual that left the intercom switch latched on ,simply introduce a procedure when taking headsets off, select an HF audio button thereby ensuring that you have the volume set to an appropriate level for communications and if nothing is heard for more than 5 mins over China Hello xxx radio check I have never gone for more than a few mins without some kind of RT chatter over China . It's pretty much endless and now I have to suffer it through an uncomfortable headset JUST GREAT !!!