PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2013, 05:15
Gate 8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct AP1995

The majority are like for like replacement of an ageing fleet. Actual Long Haul expansion isn't actually that many hulls over next few years. Given that a LH jet requires one slot pair a day there isn't going to be the massacre of SH many are predicting.

RTM started the same day as LBA and has interesting stats also. Plenty of v quiet sectors but plenty >100 also but interestingly its far more point to point. LBA is very high in terms of transfer which as I said has to give it some viability. They can't just fill the LH routes entirely from the SE.

The schedule is a problem but then a nightstop, despite being the BA model, is an expensive commitment.

The 'early' south and late 'north' are doing fine. The late south is really a positioner so doesn't concern me with its very quiet loads - MAN is an über-established route and has similar loads on its 2100-2200 southbounds. The problem is the middle rotation and most importantly the early North.

The T5 move shifted this service from 0700 ex T1 (zero connectivity) to 0755 ex T5 (lots of connectivity from all the LH Arrs Pre 0655) and I thought it would do really well and that hasn't materialised. It regularly has <50 on board. I am mystified by this.

Last edited by Gate 8; 6th Jun 2013 at 12:14.