PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 27th May 2013, 21:42
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Creamie has taken me to task for believing there is a potential political solution, but what other solution is there, given the magnitude of the task of changing the culture. I know the shortcomings of the political system as well as most, but I also know that when a department becomes too much of a political embarrassment, politicians will act.
No.

I took you to task for your child-like naivety in believing the LNP will make any substantial changes to aviation safety regulation and investigation if it gets into government in September.

The “political solution” is the only solution. Unfortunately, the dumb/dumber Laborials haven’t got a clue what to do to change aviation safety regulation and, even if they did, their focus is on more ‘important’ issues – i.e. the opinion polls and focus groups. The biggest decisions they’ve made about aviation regulation in a long time is to remove the CASA Board then reinstate the CASA Board, with both decisions having been justified on precisely the same (specious) grounds. 4dogs is correct (as usual).

The fundamental error they all make (and which you correctly identify, Leaddie) is to believe a change in "leadership" of these organisations makes a difference.

Last edited by Creampuff; 27th May 2013 at 21:47.