PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Incident at Heathrow
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2013, 10:17
luoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will only add why the media often mention the (lack of) terror incident thing.

When things are a bit more sensitive, some people would jump to conclusions wrongly (BA aircraft engine on fire, circs unknown, emerg. landing) so to immediately seek to rule out terror just "reassures" the more excitable members of Joe Public. And the cynic in me says the "not believed to be..." makes it easier to do a 180 degree turn should it even be thought to be terror orientated (writing generally, not about today's incident of course).

I hope that the senior executives of BA will be remembering to give the crew some deserved praise for making a successful emergency landing (even though it is "just doing their job" and something they've trained for). Some things still need recognition.

May I just ask a slightly diverting question more out of idle curiosity? After such an incident where there is absolutely no suggestion of it being due to the fault of the operating crew, would the crew still be "sidelined" from operational duty for a period of time to "get over" any stress/issues/etc or would they reasonably be rostered on to their next flights after the paperwork and meetings have been undertaken?