PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 24th May 2013, 05:43
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If there is a change of the government, the new government will say exactly the same thing.
Creamie,
With all due respect, not only do I hope that is not true, for once I have some confidence in recent statements by Warren Truss, and I look forward to his announcement of L-NP aviation policy for the election.

Of course, we have some formidable aviation knowledge in the form of Senator Fawcett, and the practical aviation background of Senator Heffernan and several others should not be discounted.

Maybe this report is enough to produce another John Sharp, a (new) Minister with determination to make a difference. At least the Nats. understand about travelling in the bush.

The Minister's reaction to the report is quite predictable. The idea that there might actually be more votes in taking decisive action to clean out the Augean Stables that characterizes CASA ( and to salvage ATSB, which is "doable", and far less a problem than CASA), obviously has not occurred, or maybe it has, and the Minister's actions are the result of a very able politician's decision. Albo may be a lot of things, but a political fool is not one of them.

If you understand what an FAA downgrade to Cat. 2 would mean, it would be an absolute financial disaster for Virgin and Qantas, one such disaster component would be the immediate cessation of all code shares with US carriers.

Tootle pip!!

Last edited by LeadSled; 24th May 2013 at 05:51.