PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Brize Norton : Programme Gateway
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2013, 08:10
Arty Fufkin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, having taken the time to read the document trough, I can't help thinking that most of the points are actually quite valid. The liberal inclusion of business buzz words is indicative of its intended audience rather than a lack of clarity of thought IMHO. It is rather annoying though.
Anyone who has worked at Brize (or I guess any other large station) will be aware of numerous areas where we do business in a way which is manpower intensive, expensive, and just plain in efficient. To add insult to injury, more often than not it is not done very well either!
In many cases, the civilianisation of support services may be the way ahead. In others, the elimination of 2-3 year tours and long term accountability for one's performance may be the way ahead. More promotion within sections/sqns based on performance doing your job may be the way ahead. Perhaps thats better than being judged on secondary duties against the secondary duties that someone else is doing on a station at the other end of the country? Station level promotion boards? Interviews with the boss/ Stn Cdr for that Flt Cdr position?

If they are serious about it, there are some rather big descisions to be made. I am of the opinion that it is long overdue.