PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Brize Norton : Programme Gateway
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2013, 18:19
CoffmanStarter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RAF Brize Norton : Programme Gateway

Makes interesting reading ... not seen this much "Management Consultant Speak" since retirement from my civilian career

RAF Brize Norton will become the first RAF ‘superbase’ in late 2012, with the collocation of the MOD’s Strategic and Tactical Air Transport (AT) assets. To positively move the RAF Brize Norton Enterprise forward from this collocate phase, Mott MacDonald, supported by Ernst & Young, has conducted a study1 into the projected operation of RAF Brize Norton post 2016, and identified a way ahead for the development of an improved operating model and associated commercial construct. This presents the MOD with an opportunity to demonstrate what benefits might be achieved by the adoption of such superbases as the future means of efficiently supporting the delivery of military capability.
So Brize is an "enterprise" now ... Commercial "construct" ... What's one of them then

Gateway Web Page ...

RAF Brize Norton Programme Gateway

Detailed documents ...

MOD New Operating Model

RAF Brize Norton 2016+

Programme Gateway

So what's broke with the current way of doing things ? I thought that we were quite good at running scale/global transport operations ?

No doubt someone will enlighten me ...

Looking forward to our revered PPRuNe Oxford Correspondents comments

Best ...

Coff.

Last edited by CoffmanStarter; 22nd May 2013 at 18:24.