PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY cabin baggage query
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2013, 21:38
RHRP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I flew today on easyJet and there was a cabin announcement that they were restricting the size of bag they would guarantee to allow on board from (I think) July. The new "guaranteed" size is smaller than the CAA regulations, so I would check carefully before you fly. The message is clear, if you have a bag which is within CAA regs but the flight is busy, there is no guarantee you can take it on board. Like several passengers today, you will have your bag taken to the hold.

I'm going to moan now. They claimed a computer problem had caused duplicate allocation of seats which was delaying flights. Despite the aircraft not being on the ground, we were herded into hot, airless corridors to stand waiting for it to arrive. I know my company is booking me cattle class transport to save money, but why do EJ have to treat us like cattle?

When we finally boarded, some of the cabin crew had clearly lost it and their rudeness to passengers was such that other passengers felt obliged to defend them. I have never before seen a Captain feel the need to keep a member of cabin crew on the flight deck in flight for 45 minutes to cool off.